Objective of the Game
The objective of the game is to complete the game with the strongest hand. The hands are based on the standard poker hands, with a few twists for each Video Poker variant. The higher the ranking of your hand, the greater your payout will be.
How to Play
Video Poker is played between you and the Dealer. You are dealt five cards in the first hand. When you receive your first hand, choose the cards to hold and cards to discard. You can discard between 0 and 5 cards from your hand. The cards you discard are replaced with new ones from the deck.
If your play hand is a winning poker hand, the win is highlighted on the payout table. The payout table is based on the number of coins you have chosen to bet before the first deal.
You can then choose to either Double or Collect your winnings.
- If you choose the Double button, you will be taken to the Doubling phase.
- If you choose the Collect button, you are paid out the win amount as reflected in the Win box, and given the option to deal a new hand
- If your hand is not a winning hand, the game is over and you can deal a new hand.
If you have a winning poker hand, you can choose whether or not to gamble your winnings in the Double feature.
If you select Double following your winning draw, you will be taken to the Doubling phase. The objective of the Double feature is to draw a card of higher value than the Dealer’s card. If you select a higher value card, your win amount is doubled, and you can choose to repeat the Doubling phase again, or collect your winnings.
If you choose to Double, 5 new cards will be dealt, and the Dealer’s card is turned face up. You can then select any one of the 4 remaining face-down cards. All four cards are turned over and the card you have selected is highlighted.
If your card is of a higher value than the Dealer’s, your original payout is doubled, and you can choose to either Double again, or Collect your winnings.
If the card is of an equal value to that of the Dealer, the game is a tie, and your win amount remains the same. You can then choose to either Double again or Collect your winnings.
If your card is of a lesser value than the Dealer’s, the Doubling phase is over. You are returned to the main Poker game and can continue to play a new hand.
AutoHold and Expert Mode
32Red Online Casino offers you an AutoHold feature, which will automatically hold the cards from your first deal to based on the Optimal Play Strategy, designed to give you the best possible return on your hand.
You can also use our Expert Mode, which offers advanced features such as:
- The option to create your own gaming strategies
- AutoPlay – this enables you to play a selected number of consecutive hands, without having to interact with the software, having selected the criteria for the gameplay
- Play one game at a time and apply your own gaming strategies
- Analyzer function – this enables you to view the Optimal Game Play for your current hand to help maximise your returns. You can also use the Analyzer as a learning tool, by analyzing any poker hand, even if it is not in play, to determine the chances of winning with that particular hand
- Optimal Play Hints – this will notify you when a hold decision you make during the game is not the Optimal Play Strategy
The Deck used for your Video Poker game may vary with each variant. For example, Joker Poker and Deuces & Joker use a 53 card deck, including one Joker. We recommend that you check each game for the details of the Deck and the Payout Table for that Video Poker variant.
Now view the Standard Poker Hands ranking table.